Vacancies at Mid Devon Mobility
We are excited to announce that we have a vacancy for a Community Minibus/MPV Driver. Together with this new post, we are embarking on a journey to grow our services to support more people. This service expansion needs the right people on board to make it a success. If you are motivated by our values, vision and mission statement and want to be part of a fast growing, forward thinking and friendly organisation please click on the links below to find out more and apply.
Vacancy for a Community Minibus Driver
Hours Monday – Friday School Term Time 07:30 -09:00 & 15:00-16:30
Wednesday/Thursday 09:00 – 15:00 Passenger Club fortnightly rotation
Friday 09:00 – 15:00 Ring & Ride Service
Weekend Day Trip 09:00 – 15:00 fortnightly/monthly rotation
Hot food delivery service 12:30 – 13:30, Tuesdays & Thursdays
One hour for vehicle cleaning (flexible day)
Minimum of 30 Hours a week, opportunity for additional hours during the day but not guaranteed. Additional hours may also be available in the future, due to expansion of the service and to cover absence of other drivers.
Pay £11.00 per hour rising to £11.81 after successful probation period
Holidays 20 days per year (Excluding Bank Holidays)
Location Tiverton and surrounding areas
Qualifications D1 licence, Clean driving licence is essential
Devon County Council minibus driving test (can be arranged)
Instruction on the lift tail equipment will be given
A DBS check will be done prior to employment.
First aid certificate an advantage
JOB DESCRIPTION Accessible Minibus Driver in the Mid Devon Area
· Drive an accessible vehicle (MPV) or a 15 seat, fully accessible minibus
· Comply with MDM “Code of Practice for Passenger Transport” and Driver’s Handbook.
· Carry out daily checks of the vehicle as instructed.
· Maintain clear logbook records, report defects/incidents and complete reports.
· Ensure that the vehicle has sufficient fuel and return all fuel vouchers to the Co-ordinator.
· Clean the vehicle when required particularly in preparation for private hire.
· Arrange seating as necessary.
· Seat-belts must be worn by the driver and all passengers.
· Keeping a clean driving licence is essential.
· Give full co-operation to MDM at all times to ensure services work to the best advantage of the passengers, taking into accounts the objectives and purpose of the MDM
· Display a sympathetic and caring attitude to passengers and an understanding that particular care is required when transporting frail elderly and disabled people.
· Assist in promotion and developing the image of the service.
· Drive an MPV or a 15 Seater, fully accessible Minibus.
· Minimum of weekly contact should be made with the Co-ordinator to receive instructions.
· Tips should not be accepted from passengers, unless they are donations made to MDM.
· Any comments suggestions or criticisms should be passed on to the
· Appropriate assistance should be offered to the passengers; boarding and alighting from the vehicle; with their seat belts and with their bags and trolleys.
ANY OTHER DUTIES REQUIRED BY THE MDM
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Salary: From £11.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- driving: 3 years (required)
Work Location: On the road
If you are interested in applying for this role, please complete our online application form or download a printable form and send it to Faye Ashton, Mid Devon Mobility, Level 6. Multi Storey Car Park, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 6NB or email email@example.com (The listing will be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received)